INCREASE AVAILABLE LOOP
- Built to accommodate over 30 feet of additional loop in the sky, the Sky Loop is like nothing you’ve ever seen before.
INCREASE OUTPUT USING THE HEIGHT OF YOUR PRODUCTION SPACE
- The accumulator takes up very little space between the slitter head and the tension stand/re-coiler, with the option to straddle an existing pit.
- It can adapt to slitting lines from 12-72 feet wide.
- A great alternative if you can’t dig a pit or have a shallow pit due to water table or building lease restrictions by building a “pit in the sky”.
MAXIMIZE PROFITS AND INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
- Process larger master coils into tighter, larger slit coils.
- Allows end coil user to spend less time loading new coils and more time producing end product
- Greater delivery of product during shipping, saving money for buyer and seller
- Will not compromise safety or quality
ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR PAPER STUFFING
The Sky Loop is a revolutionary product designed by an industry veteran. There is nothing like it on the marketplace.
Made in the U.S.A., the Sky Loop was officially patented in 2007, and remains the first of its kind – #7,905,443 B2.
Installed and operated at coil coating and slitting facilities across the U.S.
The Sky Loop is significantly more economical than a strand extender or digging a looping pit.
Meet the Creators
The Sky Loop was designed and developed by industry professionals with over 50 years of experience in metal processing.
Until his recent retirement Jim Papania was Principal and Co-owner of Independent Metal Sales and IMS processing from 1992 to 2012. At IMS, Jim oversaw the entire slitting operation of one of the largest steel and metal service centers and processing facilities in New Jersey. Responsibilities included purchasing, sales, marketing, production, expansion and machinery implementation.
Our slitter line was initially designed without a looping pit. As demands on the line began to grow, the impact of that design on safety and quality began to surface. The obstacles of adding a pit were prohibitive. The Sky Loop solution has met all of our needs. We have been able to grow the business without compromising safety or quality.Plant Manager, a West Coast Coil Coating Facility
The first Sky Loop unit worked so well on one of our slitting lines, that we decided to add units on all of our slitters. We knew we had to find a solution as the company expanded, we started to process lighter gauge material and at the same time our customers required larger coils. Each of the slitters had a looping pit but we found it cost prohibitive to move the slitters in order to dig our pits deeper. It was either solve the problem or lose our customers. The Sky Loop solved our problem, saved us thousands of dollars, and exceeded our expectations.Plant Manager, Service Center in the North East Corridor
We have been involved in two Sky Loop installations and have achieved outstanding results. Both customers are currently considering purchasing additional units. This proven concept is the "real deal" and very user friendly.North East Machinery Manufacturer